Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nearly Lost Moments

This post requires reader participation.
Currently in Perth, the Fringe Festival is on. It's a bunch of art exhibitions, comedy shows, performances, etc around town. (Not to be confused with the Perth Festival which starts this weekend).

I wasn't motivated to search the program, find a show I awnted to go to, find out where it was, so I decided to wander around and go to the "exhibit" at the State Library. It was TINY, but it got me thinking...

 It was "The Library of Nearly Lost Things". They had random things. Typewriters, old letters, old card catalog cards.
  
Mom, you'd like this globe!

And guests could leave their own moment to remember. Some were funny, some were serious. Some were recent and some were from 10 years ago.

So it got me thinking about all of my nearly lost moments. The random pictures I haven't included in my blog, and the Perth-fect Ponderings I haven't thought were "big enough" to share. So here's just a few of them. Some of you may have seen some of these on Facebook or in emails. Consider yourself the lucky few.



Taking the ferry across the river as part of my commute on the first day I attempted to run to work with my backpack (I took the ferry the first time to make it a little shorter in case the whole backpack thing didn't work out so well. Now I run over the bridge.)


 The aha moment when I realized the best way to ride my bicycle through the rotary on campus.

 Reading books about Russians freezing during World War II while in the sunshine.


Copperhead road on the radio and Hootie and the Blowfish blasting form a car driving by.

My first fresh fig.

Kids playing in the water or adults playing basketball in the center of the city.

Eating dinner at 10:00 pm, when it was still 95 degrees, because the "men" couldn't get the barbecue to light (despite the complete fire ban and bushfires burning across the state).

When all hope was lost, that I was lost, an omen of hope that I was found.

Trying Honeycomb ice cream for the first time. And the second.. And every time...

The little girl playing chess in Freo

Stumbling upon kite surfing mecca at Point Walter while once again semi-lost on a bike ride.

Sunsets on the ride home.


Now the important part! Please post your nearly lost moments to immortalize them in digital history.

Big or small, what do you want to remember from today or this week?
(post it here or leave it on Facebook)

5 comments:

  1. Won't forget the first time the little girl on the Skype video points to the screen and says "gran pah!!" (and then "gran ma!" , followed by "aim mee"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad's surprise when everyone at the Superbowl party sang Happy Birthday to him before eating a piece of his favorite cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill's new job telling him he has to create a linkedin account! teehhheee

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first snow in Texas and the poor Texans who were proclaiming, "its a blizzard!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does finishing a quilt top this week that I started three years ago count? :-)

    ReplyDelete