Thursday, October 30, 2014

I want S'more Halloween

Trick or Treat!

I'll take a treat! You may not be able to tell that is is all hallows eve way down under (due to a general lack of enthusiasm about the holiday), but we had a little Halloween fun ourselves making candy corn marshmallow s'mores.

In my limited worldly travels, I have learned that s'mores are an American delicacy. Mostly because no where else has graham crackers. Or has even heard of them.

I was generous and decided to culturally enlighten my colleagues with an afternoon tea s'more roasting session.

Due to the lack of anything graham, these s'mores were made possible by Megan, who is awesome :)

Obviously, we couldn't have a bonfire in our staff room (plus there it's fire ban season here now). So we made do with what we had: microwave, panini toaster, and toaster oven with a hot plate. All methods proved to be fruitful, once we figured out that we needed to turn the hotplate on.

And as first-timers, Kyla and Pieter, representing Australia and the Netherlands, quickly learned the skill of obtaining a perfectly warm, ooey, gooey, marshmallow for their first ever s'mores. And that's there's no way to eat a s'more without getting chocolate and marshmallow all over your fingers and face.


I think I've now completed my duty as an American. The world is now a better place.

May your Halloween be just as sweet, smiley, and safe!

Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment: