Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Passport

I have learned something living in Australia (well I've probably learned lots of things, but I have learned this!). Australians love to travel. They travel far. And they travel for a long time. A one week holiday? There's no such thing. A two week holiday means a quick trip down to Margaret River. Try 4 weeks to Europe. Six months driving around Australia. A year in a camper van in the US. It's not surprising when you're in one of the most isolated cities in the world and the closest "Road trip" is over 2,600 kilometers to Adelaide.

Before moving around the world, I had very limited (I now know) international travel. I spent 4 months studying abroad in Ireland, during which I traveled around Ireland and a quick trip to London and Edinburgh. I'd been to Canada (does that really count as internationally?) But it was only a quick conference in Toronto and crossing the border to the other side of Niagra Falls. I've been to Texas, but never Mexico. I've been to Puerto Rico, no passport required.

 Since my move to Australia, I have added 4 continents to my travel, for a total of 6. 

Australia & New Zealand, Oceania 
(try telling a New Zealander they're on the continent of Australia)!

On a side note, when I was a kid we played this game called Passport, and I still remember the way the electronic lady said, "Ocean-YA"
(it's hard to make out, but it's my first of a few entry stamps)


Brazil, South America 

South Africa, Africa

And my most recent trip to...
 
Thailand, Asia
(the Dubai airport doesn't count)

Yes, it was relaxing and lovely.



But there's one continent that will always be home...

I've been a lucky girl to have the opportunities to see some beautiful places. But the more places I go, the more places I want to go.

Antarctica, lucky number 7, here I come...!

1 comment:

  1. Hey this thing comments as If That Ain't Country! Cool! Also nice blog Yowie :)

    ReplyDelete