Tuesday, September 9, 2014

525,600 Minutes

It has been one year since I arrived in Perth. Five hundred, twenty five thousand six hundred minutes. But how do you measure a year?

(*numbers are estimates)

91 blog posts

46,671 miles flown Perth, Rio, Manaus, Broome, and Sydney


3,114 miles of adventure bus tours


664 Perth sunrises and sunsets (I didn't actually "see" them all, but did witness a good majority of them)
 
440 (or there about) bicycle rides taken, with 5!!! flat tires (granted I did have a hole in my tire for the majority of the year)

185 cups of instant coffee and 57 cups of fancy espresso flat white, latte and cappucino coffees.

42 cards from the United States (thank you everyone for those surprises in my mailboxes)

20+ Western Australian beaches visited


 12 footy games watched (3 in Patterson's stadium)



8 nights in a swag

4 Aussie-isms mastered and many more not mastered. I've got "holiday", "lift", "reckon", and "uni"into every day speech. The rest I'm working on.

2 amazing, world-travelled coworkers who were willing to accept me, not get sick of me and introduce to all that is Perth (and make fun of my funny American words and phrases)

1 summer Birthday Celebrated

1/2 a jar of vegemite finished. Tip: LOTS of butter on toast and a tiniest bit of Vegemite

A LOT of friendly people from around the world met
(and a surprising number of Americans or American supporters)

Infinite number of times asked "Where are you from?" (or in the words of a 7 year-old, "You talk funny" or a 4 year-old, "What language do you speak?". AMERICA!

 Not enough calls home, emails to friends, Viber messages, letters and Skype calls with my favorite jumping bean niece

365 days of missing my family



And 0 regrets

Onward to another fabulous year...

No comments:

Post a Comment