Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Best Kind of Time Machine

 There's nothing like a trip down memory lane, than over 50 years of hit music.

And as part of this year's Fringe Festival (see blog from last year), we jumped in the Hot Dub Time Machine for a journey with DJ Tom from 1954 to 2015 on a rooftop overlooking this beautiful city. 

And oh what a ride...

Countdown!

Best year ever! Yes that's 1986...
 





 And because Oasis is such a group sing-a-long...



I knew all the songs until we got to the 2000's. Apparently the only good music until then was American. But they threw in 5 or 6 songs by Rudimental, Crowded House (who I am learning to appreciate), Robbie Williams and SClub7, hich were so much bigger in Australia and the UK than the U.S of A.

But then, I was back in my zone...

One word. Beyonce!

Oh and T Swift, because you can't REALLY hate her. She's tall :)

I almost want to apologize for not remembering the songs, taking a video, or paying more attention. But on the rare occasion music on a Friday night in Perth isn't doof doof and can take me back to homecoming in Connecticut, basements in Maryland, and the Skyline in South Carolina, you know I will be out on that dance floor breaking a summer starlit sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment