Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Emerald City, Oz




A cloudy morning view of Perth from Kings Park.
 Dorothy was brought to Oz through a tornado. Luckily, I only had to withstand 26 hours on a plane to make it to my new Emerald City.

I got to see my munchkin brother (in age only as he is taller than me!) and Danielle in Dallas for a gourmet homemade dinner of barbecue chicks quesadillas.

The 16 hour flight to Brisbane went by with cat naps, snacks, and movies on my personal TV. Luckily it was dark the while time, as we flew away from the daylight sun. As we landed in Brisbane, the sun was just beginning to color the horizon.

The worst part of the journey, the only "wicked witch", was getting off the plane in Brisbane and knowing I still had another 6 hour flight to Brisbane. But once I was on the final leg, it passed quickly with Les Miserables and a second breakfast of scrambled eggs.
I arrived to a beautiful, sunny day in Perth. I may be wanting the Wizard to send me home now and then when I feel a little homesick, but for now, I will start my adventure on the yellow brick road.


 
No joke, I was just thinking about the theme for this blog and humming Somewhere Over the Rainbow, when it started to sprinkle, I looked up, and saw this faint rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment