Monday, August 4, 2014

Texas, Australia?

Did I take a weekend trip to Texas?

That's no doof doof music.

PBR?! (I did have to the clarify to the bartender that I wanted Pabst Blue Ribbon)
 
Listen to this!

That is no Australian Rules Football baseball cap.

 Circa 1950?

Nice hairdos. I bet they spent all day cleaning the house in curlers and kerchiefs.



Nope, no trip to Texas. I was in Perth! At the Mustang bar for a rockabilly bonanza. 

Wayne Hancock was the headlining event and had Perth's underground rockabilly mafia (which until then I didn't realize existed) out in there poofed & greased hair, corsets & twirling skirts, and flannel & chains. Wayne was straight off the plane from his hometown of Austin, Texas, where he carries on in the tradition of Hank Williams.

And the Mustang does it's best to bring the spirit of a Smalltown, U.S.A. bar to this Australian metro. While it's no Tin Roof or Skyline, I can make it work for now...

And look, Dad, the Mustang is just calling to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment