Sunday, October 13, 2013

Living the High Life

The search is over!  Years ago, the Perth rental market was rough. Real rough. You could show up to an inspection and there would be 20-50 other people wanting that apartment. Luckily, it has recovered a bit.  I started looking at studio apartments and felt like Goldilocks. One was perfect, except it didn't have an oven...(making it impossible to bake cookies!!!). Another one was a perfect location, but beside the fact that it was basically an enclosed patio, it didn't have a refrigerator... One was alright but an oh too far location. After running around Perth (or I should say busing around Perth) to multiple viewings, I found my new home.

I won't give you the address, because I'm responsible and not putting my address on the internet :) But it's zipcode 6000, which means downtown Perth. I've never lived in a city, but I think I've watched enough Sex and the City episodes to feel like I'm ready to give the city life a try.
 

It's a 29 floor high-rise in the CBD. It's an easy 7.2 kilometer (4.5 mile) ride around the river to get to work. Or one 20 minute bus ride that stops across the street for when it's raining. There's a rooftop pool, terrace for picnicking,  and fitness center.


Who wouldn't want to workout with these views?

It's a 2 bed, 2 bath, which means I have my own bathroom and a bedroom with views of the cathedral, city, and even a sliver of the river.
 Looking southwest from the balcony.

 An oven AND a refrigerator!

Plus a balcony that will be perfect when the beloved Perth weather starts showing its face. And being in the city, I'm within a short walk to all the excitement of the Hay Street mall, the Barrack St Jetty (with it's really cool "restaurant", Annalakshmi), and the Hula Bula Bar which apparently is an experience. And of course it's centrally located to busses, trains, planes and still only 10k to the Indian Ocean.
It's no penthouse suite, but I am going to take advantage of my city high life while I am here.

Disclaimer: I took all of these pictures, no photoshopping. What you see is what I got.


No comments:

Post a Comment